ethner card problem

I bought an ethernetcard, a Corega Ether PCC-T, and although it had a little
penguin on the box I am having difficultes with getting it recognized. In fact,
yesterday cardinfo claimed it was some kind of other ethernetcard, forgot the
name, today it says it is "Anonymous Memory". Does that mean it is broken now?

Another thing I don't quite understand is the information on the
corega-hompepage regarding setting this thing up:

http://www.corega.co.jp/technical/pc-unixl1.htm

On the one hand they write:

Linux Version
Linux 2.2.9(Slackware3.6) + pcmcia-cs-3.0.10

PC
Panasonic Let's note A4

$BHw9M(B
pcmcia-cs-3.0.10 $B$h$j(Bcorega Ether PCC-T $B$,@example.com<0%5%]!<%H$5$l$^$7$?!#(B
/etc/pcmcia/config$B$X$NDI2C$OI,MW$"$j$^$;$s!#(B

On the other hand a little further down:

$BHw9M(B
pcmcia-cs-3.0.10 /etc/pcmcia/config.opts$B%U%!%$%k$X2<5-$rDI2C(B
module "pcnet_cs" opts "use_shmem=0"

(Now I just hope the Japanese text get's through...)

So does that mean it also depends on the hardware? Or is this just a misprint,
because none of the examples above that line are using pcmcia-cs 3.0.10?

I have pcmcia-cs 3.1.8-14, so this card should be supported withouth any
tweaking, shouldn't it according to this text?

Just checked /etc/pcmcia/config and it has the card listed.

But since cardmanager now says "Anonymous Memory" that means the problem might
be at the moment that the card is broken? But when it was recognized as some
other type of ethernet card it was still ok maybe, or a problem of a too old
version of pcmcia-cs? I have updated since then. But what could have broken the
card?

Uli