Re: ftp: how to get a directory with subdirs

ulrike@example.com writes:

> How can get a whole directory with ftp? I tried mget, but somehow this does not
> work as I expected, I get messages like

Create all the empty directories first locally, then it works with
mget.

Or better use ncftp. ncftp can easily get directories recursively with
"get -R":

mfabian@example.com:~$ ncftp
NcFTP 3.0.0 beta 21 (October 04, 1999) by Mike Gleason (ncftp@example.com).
ncftp> help get
get: fetches files from the remote host.
Usage: get [-flags] file1 [file2...]
Flags:
  -R   : Recursive.  Useful for fetching whole directories.
  -z   : Get the remote file X, and name it to Y.
  -a   : Append entire remote file to the local file.
  -f   : Force overwrite (do not try to auto-resume transfers).
Examples:
  get README
  get README.*
  get "**Name with stars and spaces in it**"
  get -R new-files-directory
  get -z WIN.INI ~/junk/windows-init-file
ncftp>

--