Re: new webpage: rikai.com

    Todd>   For the longest time I used a key binding in screen which
    Todd> ran a little script, which grabbed the x-selection, used
    Todd> agrep

Ah, agrep's a good idea.  One thing Emacs does not do is fuzzy
search.  Hmm....

    Todd> maybe the same thing could be bound to characters with some
    Todd> other native-X program? Dunno.

Sure.  Any *term can bind the function keys with X-resources and
probably even via ANSI control sequences, and any Xt program can
override keybindings with translations.  Presumably you can do this
with GTK and/or GNOME apps.  If you're real lucky there might even be
a "wizard" or "talking guttersnipe" or something to do it for you.

BTW, as long as I'm here ... I can't get through to your hotmail
address (hotmail is rejecting with extreme prejudice all contacts from
my host, and come to think of it, I'm just as happy that way.[1]  So the
message bounced...).

You ought to get in touch with Frank Bennett
<bennett@example.com> about your non-public-access ideas
for translation engines.  You're probably somewhat behind in the area
already, and he's certainly done a lot of thinking about the business
/ open source relationship.

Footnotes:
[1]  Gives me an excuse to tell people it's buggy.  :-)  So don't
bother suggesting a smarthost.  :-)