Re: Displaying output from Computer on TV

On Tue, Sep 12, 2000 at 05:41:14PM +0900, Dave Grummer wrote:
> If you are running Windows (sorry anti-Bill people) then go down to your

What was the name of this mailing list again. :) [1]

> Here is a question back to this news group how would you do the same thing
> on Linux. Are ATI or Voodoo cards Linux compatible?

Of course.

> How about the WinTV card?

Of course. What do you think this is, Windows 3.1 [2] or something?
You typically need to recompile the kernel to add support for either of these
things, but there is a HOWTO which tells you how to get the WinTV working, and
there's Documentation/video4linux/ in the kernel source tree. The WinTV is a
bttv card, so look in the bttv subdirectory.

There's also a HOWTO on the 3d accelleration cards, but beyond that I know
nothing.

[1] Not that I'm exactly in Tokyo right now...
[2] I was going to say "NetBSD" but that didn't strike me as a way of winning
friends and influencing people.

--
It's difficult to see the picture when you are inside the frame.