Re: ppp, pmcia and isdn question

Uli,

usually you can treat a TA like a modem with the exception of the NEC ones[1]. If you look at the documentation of the NEC TA and go through the list of AT commands you'll find a command called $N that is for setting the data port. To be able to do PPP you have to send $N1=1 when initializing the TA.

Here is my ppp.chat.it50dsu for your reference

TIMEOUT 10
ABORT "NO CARRIER"
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT ERROR
"" +++ATZ
OK "AT Q0 V1 X3 $N9=10 $N1=1 &D1 "
OK "ATDT <your number here>"
TIMEOUT 60
"CONNECT 64000" ""

Hope that helps.

--urs

[1] Take with a grain of salt, I haven't tested them all.

--
u r s  r o e s c h                                   t o k y o