Re: PCMCIA Card Not Working in OpenLinux 2.3

    us> I'm using KDE, that was included with the install.

Erm, KDE, yes, uh ....  There's probably a k-utility for this...

    us> Thanks for the input. How do I then add the modules
    us> (pcmcia_core, ds and i82365 or tcic) to get a little closer to
    us> where I should be?

First, if you're doing any work, SAVE NOW and close all applications.
Badly configured PCMCIA drivers can crash your machines.  Conversely,
badly configured machines can crash your PCMCIA drivers.

You could try reading the PCMCIA-HOWTO, it ought to be in your distro
somewhere.

Get to a command line and su, then

modprobe i82365

If this doesn't work (spews module errors) and your machine doesn't
crash, try

modprobe tcic

If the answer to either is "not found", you need to install the PCMCIA
driver package.  Dunno where that would be on your distro.  If one or
the other crashes, then that's the right module but you need to
exclude the "dangerous" resources from autoprobing.  Get back to us on
how to do that, I gotta get some work done now and it probably won't
happen....

If one or the other of those works, then

modprobe pcmcia_core
modprobe ds
modprobe 3c574_cs

and you should be golden.