Re: new webpage: rikai.com

>>  Anyway, when you get the chance, if you'd visit,
>>    http://www.rikai.com/cgi-bin/HomePage.pl?Language=En
>>
>This is great! Is it difficult to implement that one coud save >specific
>entries
>of interest in a list?

  I'm not sure I understand the question. Do you mean personalized
dictionaries, word-lists, or destinations?
  I would like to make it easy to add suggested definitions to Jim Breen's
edict (hopefully mailed straight to him), but I don't really want to have to
update my copy of edict frequently (nor do I have all of the subject
dictionaries included), so that's an open issue. Obviously, I don't want to
end up with my own Japanese->English dictionary separate from edict, either.

>And is this going to be open source?
  Maybe.
  I'd prefer to.
  --But not anytime soon. I'm going to wait and see what happens with the
web-site first.

  BTW, I just added http compression (I.E.'s semi-broken support is really a
bitch to crack)--and I can actually load many pages through rikai faster
than I can load them directly! check it out.

cheers,
Todd