Re: RedHat 6.1 and Japanese

On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 06:11:12PM +0900, Christopher Sekiya wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 05, 2000 at 05:59:08PM +0900, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
>
> > In fairness now, I did ask a distro specific question though (see the
> > subject) and Mike's answer proved quite useful to me.
>
> The bone that I was picking was the nasty tendency of distros to change things
> from the default just for the sake of change.

I totally agree with you on that. Tis a damn shame, but its the free form
of unix that makes it possible. There is no end of "great ideas" on where
stuff should be installed. If there is one thing I dislike about unix in
general, it is the lack of a followed standard of installing and configuring
software.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Have you had your noop today?
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com