Re: RedHat 6.1 and Japanese

On Mon, Sep 04, 2000 at 09:37:34PM +0200, Mike Fabian wrote:

> >     Thomas> found Craig Oda's docs but they are "old" at this stage
> >
> > Yeah, you really oughta buy his book, you know.  :-)
>
> Oh, there is a book? I didn't know that. Where is it published?

I didn't know there was a book either...

> >     Thomas> So I didn't install it. I guess it is just a matter of
> >     Thomas> downloading the fonts, setting up fontpaths, installing
> >     Thomas> the Japanese locale and then compiling the kinput and
> >     Thomas> kanna servers to to work with X and I should be set.
> >
> > Doesn't Red Hat have a Japanese distro at like redhat.co.jp?
>
> Yes, there is a RedHat 6.2J available for download. It already
> contains the stuff Thomas mentioned, so this is probably an easy way
> for him to get all he needs.

I got a lend from a friend this morning, I found I already had some
Japanese fonts installed as part of X so it was just a matter of
installing the ja-locale along with kinput2 and canna. Thanks I'm
up and running now and can read and type Japanese with X. Cool. I'll
probably have to change a couple of other things but the main stuff
is working.

Thanks to everyone for the hints.

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd                   Have you had your noop today?
tom@example.com                  http://www.nooper.com