Re: RedHat 6.1 and Japanese

"Stephen J. Turnbull" <turnbull@example.com> writes:

>     Thomas> found Craig Oda's docs but they are "old" at this stage
>
> Yeah, you really oughta buy his book, you know.  :-)

Oh, there is a book? I didn't know that. Where is it published?

>     Thomas> So I didn't install it. I guess it is just a matter of
>     Thomas> downloading the fonts, setting up fontpaths, installing
>     Thomas> the Japanese locale and then compiling the kinput and
>     Thomas> kanna servers to to work with X and I should be set.
>
> Doesn't Red Hat have a Japanese distro at like redhat.co.jp?

Yes, there is a RedHat 6.2J available for download. It already
contains the stuff Thomas mentioned, so this is probably an easy way
for him to get all he needs.

> You probably want to get the XTT xfs-xtt TrueType fontserver.  I don't
> recommend running the XTT X server itself (although IIRC you do get
> alpha-channel with it, ie, anti-aliasing), but fortunately you can get
> all the benefits by using xfs-xtt.

Do you mean one can also get the anti-aliasing by using the
font-server only? Really?

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>