Re: Other free imnput besides WNN?

Marc Christensen <marc@example.com> writes:

> There is a little concern on the part of a friend of mine over the
> security of WNN. I am not familiar with what his concerns are, however I
> was wondering if there is a replacement input method that is free

There is Canna:

    http://www.nec.co.jp/japanese/product/computer/soft/canna/
    ftp://ftp.nec.co.jp/pub/Canna/Canna35/Canna35b2.tar.gz

It is free software.

> and would be widely accepted by the Japanese Linux community.

Whether it is widely accepted, I don't know. RedHat 6.2J uses it.

> What are your oppinions on this?

I used Wnn4 previously and currently I am using mainly Canna.  From
the user point of view there doesn't seem to be much difference. Both
work reasonably well.

--
Mike Fabian   <mfabian@example.com>