Re: for the GNOME hater in all of us...

On Fri, Aug 18, 2000 at 08:23:54PM +0900, oly@example.com wrote:

> Gnome is the only software I have yet found on Linux where I can follow
> the build instructions, get the relevant packages, and still give up in
> frustration.

I've actually had very little problem compiling GNOME ... getting the damned
thing to work properly is another story.

I hate hate hate their shared library nomenclature conventions.  There is
_nothing_ wrong with the classical libname.so.major.minor.tiny, especially
when used in conjunction with -Wl,soname.

About the only thing that GNOME has ever done for me was to provide a test
case for a malloc problem in (then xf86-3.9.16) libICE.

-- Chris