Re: ICQ on http proxy

> I forgot to add the magic bit: there's a reason I said port 443 of a
> remote machine. Set up an sshd running on a remote port 443, and try
> this:
>
> telnet yourproxy 8888
> CONNECT externalbox:443
>
> You should see:
>
> 200 Connection established
>
> SSH-1.5-1.2.26

  Yep, I did'nt thinked about that and I really don't like it (but I'm
sure that some crakers would really enjoy that kind of setting).

  Anyway, seems for now that the most secure way of using ICQ is using a
web site like http://www.bantu.com which can interfaces ICQ.  That's not
the best solution, but it works.  I still believe that there is a way of
using ICQ on Linux over that firewall without removing the protection
offered by the proxy server.

---
"If you think of MS-DOS as mono, and Windows as stereo, then Linux is
Dolby Pro-Logic Surround Sound with Bass Boost and all the music is
free."
  -Brendan Bradley