G4 internal modem through NTT Mini-v MN128 TA

Hi all,

System:
G4 running MacOS 9/Redhat LinuxPPC kernel version 2.2pre15

I've had linuxPPC on my machine for just over a month now, and I've learned
quite a lot in this time.

My present kernel doesn't support usb TAs unfortunately, so I'd like to use
the internal analog modem for the time being. The deal is, I can dial-up and
sustain the connection with no problem whatsoever, but there seems to be no
data transfer. Pinging works just fine. I have set the speed to various
settings, but this doesn't work either. I have configured port two on the TA
for analog use, but this does not work. I have even set the string to that
of the TA manual. Netscape claims that it has contacted the host, but I get
nothing afterwards.

Is anyone else running an analog modem through an ISDN line? I don't suppose
anyone out there is using the same hardware/software configuration as I am?

I realize that 2.3X deals with usb nicely, but for some reason I can not
compile the zImage of the kernel without errors. I'll have to tackle that
one in the near future...

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

C.