Re: Linux World Expo at San Jose

Quick answers only, since I'm in a hurry:

> Could anyone please answer these questions?
>
> [The day I arrive in San Francisco international Airport, I have a plan
> to go to around Union Square to purchase some books]
>
> 1) Where is the nearest BART's station from San Francisco International
Airport?

Colma. BART will be extended to SFO shortly after the Earth crashes into the
Sun (i.e., never). Until then, you'll have to take SamTrans's 7F to Daly
City or something in order to get on the BART. (Chris's answer gets half
credit; the Burlingame station is a *Caltrain* station, not BART.)

> 2) To go to Milpitas' hotel, I'm going to Fremont by BART at first. Is
> this the good choice?

Probably not. You'll be better off taking Caltrain down the peninsula, then
taking a bus or a taxi to the hotel.

> 3) How to get to the hotel from BART's Fremont station?
> 4) What is the fastest transportation from the convention center from
> the hotel?

Taxi, probably. Waiting for buses in the Bay Area is not my idea of fun.
(Trust me, I've done it many times.)

> 5) What is the fastest transportation from the hotel to San Francisco
> International Airport? How long time to the airport?(I have to get on
> the plane at 11:35(UA))

Call SuperShuttle (look it up under "Airport Shuttles" in the Yellow Pages
at the hotel), or talk to your hotel front desk. The only faster way to get
there is with a taxi.

For further research, see:
http://www.mapquest.com/
http://www.caltrain.com/

The Bay Area public transportation situation is pretty pathetic. I really
recommend that you move around using airport shuttles and taxis; Caltrains
don't run often enough to be dependable, BART doesn't really run where you
want to go; and the bus system is not for amateurs.

Shimpei.