Re: Web browser and Japanese

James Calver <jcalver@example.com> writes:

> [ ... using Netscape ...]
> 	For example, someone sent me a Japanese e-mail.  I can view the
> message with no problems.  Then I click reply, and I get a text area that
> has the quoted message.  The English parts are displayed, but the Japanese
> text is not.  If I enter Japanese into this box, I can see the Japanese as
> I enter it but when I press enter, it disappears.  However, if I send this
> to myself, and then view the message, everything is visible, even the new
> Japanese that I added. It's really strange.

Although I don't usually use Netscape for mail, I just tried to see
whether I could reproduce the behaviour you see. But I couldn't, for
me it works perfectly well. Japanese and English display just fine
when answering to an e-mail message in Netscape and Japanese input
works well too.

> 	After writing this long e-mail I imagine that someone will say,
> oh just do ...  But I could handle that!  :-)

Unfortunately I have no idea.

--
Mike Fabian   <mike.fabian@example.com>