Re: Web browser and Japanese

	Thanks for all the help, it's about 90% working.  I can read and
enter Japanese into Netscape, but there seems to be one little bug.  If I
enter Japanese into a textbox (a one line text area), everything is
fine.  However, if I enter Japanese into a text area (? are these the
right names, multi-line text area), the Japanese goes in, but after I
press enter to go to the next bit of Japanese, the previous bit
disappears.

	I've done several checks.  I'm trying to enter Japanese into
either a Yahoo or Hotmail web-mail message.  When the text is not in the
compose message box, everything is fine.

	For example, someone sent me a Japanese e-mail.  I can view the
message with no problems.  Then I click reply, and I get a text area that
has the quoted message.  The English parts are displayed, but the Japanese
text is not.  If I enter Japanese into this box, I can see the Japanese as
I enter it but when I press enter, it disappears.  However, if I send this
to myself, and then view the message, everything is visible, even the new
Japanese that I added. It's really strange.

	After writing this long e-mail I imagine that someone will say,
oh just do ...  But I could handle that!  :-)

	I have a work around for it though, I can cut-and-paste to and
from Emacs.  Emacs displays all of the Japanese.  But for some reason
Netscape doesn't like to display Japanese in the text area.

	Any help would be great, and thanks again for everyones help
getting me this far!

James