re: more spam...

On 20-Jul-2000 Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
> Oh dear, more spam, but at least it is not unsolicited and is 100% OPT-IN,
> so obviously we must have subscribed tlug to this, NOT... Any of the mail
> admins working on this?

Since I live in the US, I was able to call the toll-free number in the message
(I was planning on calling many times to rack up telephone charges for them,
each time recording a message saying, ``Spammers Die!''). They have a message
aplologizing for the spam. Apparently, they had contracted with a marketing
firm for web page banners, and instead got spam. They suggested calling the
marketing company directly to complain: +1-253-369-0857.
Stuart Luppescu         -=-=-  University of Chicago
$(B:MJ8$HCRF`H~$NIc(B        -=-=-  s-luppescu@example.com
http://www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/sl.html
PGP Public Key: www.consortium-chicago.org/people/sl/pubkey.asc
ICQ #21172047  AIM: psycho7070
What on earth would a man do with himself if something did not stand in his way?
                -- H.G. Wells