tlug: use TTF in LaTeX2e

hello all,

i have redhat 6.0 distribution of linux on my pc;
i have tried to add japanese support to it by installing
various packages, e.g. CJK for my tetex installation

now i have installed yudit, the Gaspar Sinai's great unicode editor,
which i like very much: having compiled it with freetype and
freetype-devel rpm-packages it can now use the true-type fonts:
i have two of them: one minchoo (that seems to contain only
Level 1 characters from JIS X 0208, unfortunately) and one
msgothic (which seems to be definitely more complete) (but minchoo's
the one i like more)

(you know those truetype fonts scaled up to a few hundred points'
size look pretty cool)

i would like to know if there is a way how to use those truetype fonts
with LaTeX resp. LaTeX2e (whether using a CJK package or not);
or whether is there a way how to convert them into Type1 postscript fonts
(which i think are useable with TeX)

also if you could provide a location where there is some more complete
than JIS X 0208 Level 1 minchoo style truetype font, i would appreciate it

thanks in advance,

			martin