Re: Encrypted Japanese PDF (was "hahaha")

Posting this correction to the list so that the full story finds its way
into the mail archive.  Apologies for the traffic.

*****

On Tue, Jul 18, 2000 at 02:42:27PM +0900, Frank Bennett wrote:

> The only shortcoming, for the docs I want to use this with, appears to be
> that a set of numbering symbols "(a)", "(b)", "(c)" etc. are not defined
> in the implicit font encoding, and therefore turn up blank.  I will get on
> to the author about this.

When I took a closer look at the output stream, I found that these were
rendered as single-byte characters in the range of 230 - 255, but the
display front-end to Kterm was showing them as white space.  This is not,
then, a problem with xpdf; and because the logical information is there in
the data stream, it's easy to grind these characters into 7-bit ASCII
strings.

Cheers,
----
-x80