Re: Best Vine printer filter for Deskjet 850c?

On Sat, 15 Jul 2000, Jonathan Q wrote:

>  Since installing TurboLinux 6-J, I have had problems printing anything
>  but normal text on my Deskjet 850C, which has always worked fine under
>  Linux before.  TurboLinux now has the Vine print filters (the first
>  time, I believe), so this seems to be a potential source of the
>  trouble.
>
>  When trying to print anything else (printing directly from netscape or
>  doing lpr netscape.ps, for example), the printer activity light blinks
>  for a few seconds, the the problem light blinks amber.  Hitting the
>  online/offline button then causes it print one line which says

May be it helps to know that that message looks like spewed out by
gs (ghsotscript), possibly confused by some error in the argument to -r
(resolution) option. Dont know anything about these Vine filters,
but guess it is a wrapper that calls gs with appropriate
arguments.

Selva