Re: swap partition too small

On Wed, 12 Jul 2000, Christopher Sekiya wrote:

> The original idea was to keep one from accidentally using a non-swap
> partition as swap.

This should be a configurable option (compile time, run time, whatever).
I'm happy to recompile my kernel or whatever if i can share a swap
partition between OS's.

> Of course, that's only half of the check.  Having the kernel check for
> a valid swap signature is all well and good, but it's also rather
> important that mkswap verifies that the target partition type is 0x82

x86 alert...

Good idea though; probably most other disk labelling schemes identify the
partition type.  I'd rather do only this check (skipping in-band
labelling) on platforms that support it.

Or better yet, just have the OS trust that I know what I'm doing....
--
Tod McQuillin