Re: swap partition too small

Tony Laszlo (laszlo@example.com) wrote:

> all over again, but am wondering if there is
> a way to carve out a portion of the hard disk
> for swap at this stage of the game. Something

Search Freshmeat for GNU partd (or parted?).  It's still fairly beta,
I believe, and don't know how well it will work, but it might save you
from a reinstall.  In the worst case, if it breaks your file system
you'll still have to reinstall.

Partition Magic supports ext2 these days, but I'm not sure about swap
space.  You have to pay for that one, though.

--
Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com>               Engineering Division
Exodus Communications K.K.                          http://www.exodus.co.jp/