Re: tlug: archiving mail

shimpei@example.com (lists.tlug):
>finding a mail client that works with one. Maildir [1] is pretty much
>worry-free in this respect. It also makes the original problem that
>started this thread trivial: grep the Date: line in each message file
>and mv old ones to a new folder. You don't even have to conjure up new
>filenames for them.

I was contemplating writing a local delivery module for Perl a few
weeks ago; Mail::Audit now does local delivery itself, but I was
thinking of separating it out the delivery bit. Maildir was considerably
easier to handle. (Mainly because someone else provided the patch for
me... :)

--
"How should I know if it works?  That's what beta testers are for.  I only
coded it."