tlug: Odd Netscape failure

  Well, I'm stumped by a simple problem. Netscape 4.51 has suddenly
become unable to resolve server URLs, so I get the error message:

	"Warning: the following hosts are unknown...This means that some
	or all hosts will be unreachable...Perhaps there is a problem
	with your nameserver?...".

  The SOCKS_NS variable points to the same nameserver it always has
(and I did try the alternate at my ISP, gol.com).  Lynx has no trouble
connecting to servers.  I just can't imagine what's wrong.  I hadn't
made any changes to the system or Netscape lately.

  I thought maybe an upgrade to a more recent version might be a good
idea anyway, and would take care of the problem, so I upgraded to
4.72, but still have the same error.  Never seen anything like it.
What can it be?

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA