Re: tlug: Encrypted PDF

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 12:22:58AM +0900, Alberto Tomita wrote:
> At Thu, 15 Jun 2000 16:27:52 +0900,
> Frank Bennett <bennett@example.com> wrote:
>
> Let me see... searching the archives... you wanted to
> read the PDF files distributed at http://kanpou.pb-mof.go.jp
> and it happened that they were in Shift-JIS?
>
> Install Acrobad Reader 4.0 and on top of that download
> and install the Asian Fonts Pack
> http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/cjkfontpack.html
> be sure to choose "Platform: Unix". You should get a
> file named "jpnfont.tar.gz"

Sorry, I didn't explain fully.  I can read the files with a
properly configured Acrobat.  But what I want to do is dump
out the contents of the file in plain text, so that it can be
ground into an HTML document.  This will take up less space,
and can be indexed for searching.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@
Faculty of Law, Nagoya Univ () email: bennett@example.com
Tel: +81[(0)52]789-2239     ()

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA