RE: tlug: Apache "Surprise Feed"

    Shawn> there is no paid advertsing up or anything.  He _is_ doing
    Shawn> it just to make his site look better, though.  Almost the
    Shawn> same thing I guess.

Well, not really---he's not cheating advertisers, too, this way.

    Shawn> This sounds more like what I had in mind. I don't know what
    Shawn> a 'nice 19' is though.. Is that in TFM?

Yeah, GNU shellutils.  Basically it lowers the process priority, so it
gets fewer time slices.  Less load on _your_ box, slower access on
_his_.  A win-win, don't you think?

<snicker>

BTW, I'm basically going to ignore TLUG for a while, I've got a
conference in Scotland in July (of course the paper is only
half-reserached yet), followed by sato-kaeri in the US, and a book
chapter deadline next Monday ... if you have specific questions on
this thread, copy me.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA