Re: tlug: [sendmail-security@example.com: Sendmail Workaround for Linux Capabilities Bug]

Jonathan Byrne (lists.tlug):
>Thomas O'Dowd (tom@example.com) wrote:
>
>> Guess that I was more looking for feelings on the program and not the guy
>> that wrote it.
>
>The two are joined at the hip, so to speak.

Respectfully: bullshit.

> The list of people who
>would refuse to use anything that Dan Bernstein wrote, solely because
>he wrote it, and without regard to any merits (or lack thereof) of the
>software, is long but distinguished.

Of course, but people are stupid. Stupidity is a very dangerous quality
for those administering machines, but seems remarkably common none the
less.

I judge what software goes on my machine by assessing the quality of the
software. I don't judge software on personalities.

You mileage, of course, may very.

--
Um. There is no David conspiracy. Definitely not. No Kate conspiracy either.
No. No, there is definitely not any sort of David conspiracy, and we are