tlug: Re: [sendmail-security@example.com: Sendmail Workaround for Linux Capabilities Bug]

Thomas O'Dowd <tom@example.com> writes in tlug@example.com:

> Guess that I was more looking for feelings on the program and not the guy
> that wrote it.

Unfortunately, it is an issue.  I gave Qmail a very hard look when it
was labelled `Gamma' and the opinion I got then was the Dan was adament
against fixing what I and others considered defects in the software.
Since then, the stuff I objected to the most has been corrected, but I've
never gone back and revisited switching to it again.

Personally, I don't like Qmail's un-Free/anti-Linux license.  Your
mileage may vary.

Since the IDA/M4 macro stuff got merged into sendmail, it has been a lot
easier to manage.  Security isn't particularly an issue on a personal
computer (as versus a company webserver or an ISP).  Forbid incoming
network connections to it and copy incoming mail via something like
fetchmail.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA