Re: tlug: Any use for a Remote Wake-Up system?

Jonathan Byrne wrote:

> How long do they turn the power off for?  Depending on the size of your
> UPS,

  Oh, at our UNI, they set aside specific period during that time no power
is used. So of couse by the time the power comes back, a few days elapse.
Then Power gives supply to UPS and from UPS to the system. Then I want
the system to boot. But the thing is before they supply power for another one
year, they give a ten-second trial or fifteen. It is too short for the sytem to

boot up and just makes the system boot up halfway thru, then power goes off.
THEN!!! to top that, they do it three times or so. It is absolutely a real
problem.
So usually I boo up the system manually. Just in case you know...
But as you said, I will check the bios if there are options to set the boot up
time.
That solves everything...
  Things get very modern, but my job get very primeval.

> And of course, don't plug the monitor into the UPS :-)

SURE thing!!!! ( Some idiot in our lab connected the Lazer Printer into UPS
then facked the UPS. Things like that happen, yes...)

Yong-Ming

--
FROM THE OFFICE OF YONG-MING HUA(YMH CAL LABORATORY)
yhua@example.com

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA