RE: tlug: META tags in perl scripts

    Darren> You don't need the content type I believe;

You do if you want to conform to standards.  Some browsers (w3.el in
persnickety mode) actually do pay attention to that stuff.

This is a big advantage to using CGI.pm, you can conform at "negative"
cost (ie, not only do you get standards conformant headers for free,
you also get lots of other efficiency-enhancing and time-saving features).

N.B.  HTTP has turned out to be an excellent lightweight transport
mechanism for many purposes other than what we usually think of as the
WWW (i.e., HTML that browsers can present to users).  It is the
transport of choice for network installations and upgrades of Debian,
for example.

And of course most web page content (by volume, not Shannon measure)
is not HTML, either---it's JPEG or RealAudio or MPEG or whatever.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA