Re: tlug: directions...

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 01:36:57PM +0900, jq@example.com wrote:
> On Sat, 3 Jun 2000, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
>
> Which background leads me to asking if you'd like to volunteer to
> develop said PHP/MySQL system for achieving this?  I agree it sounds
> like a nice project, but no one who administers the site or the server
> now probably has much (if any) time to work on it, so the ball will
> probably wind up in your court if you want to do this.  Maybe some
> other people would have time to help with it.  And once it's ready for
> the world, you could slap a GPL on it and post it to Freshmeat and add
> one more name to the list of free software developers in TLUG :-)

Yeah, I thought this might be the problem with doing something like this.
I don't mind doing it at all. One of the content management systems might
be the ticket either depending on what we want and it might open up more
scope. Something like Zope etc.  I'd need to find out a few things about
how to get stuff on the server etc, but we can take all that off line or
on the tlug admin list. I'll wait to meet a few of you on the 16th and
we can chat about it.

Cheers,

Tom.
--