Re: tlug: Fwd: Linux Developers Wanted

> it's a good thing this isn't being posted somewhere in the U.S. - they'd
> get their *** sued by a LOT of organizations in this country for age
> discrimination and racial discrimination for this.  It's interesting that
> the Europeans feel they have to outlaw anything resembling a swastika, but
> are completely OK with this :)

You mean because of:

> > > Job requirements:
> > > -  Age between 18 and 50 years

> > > The following would be an advantage:
> > > -  French, German, Spanish or Swedish nationality
> > > -  Spoken Finnish or Russian skills

?

Well, the lower age limit they might not be able lower much, child labor is
forbidden in Europe. As for the upper limit, sure I would love if they had no
limit on that, though 50 made me optimistic ...

The other day I saw a job offering for US-citizens only, would that be even more
"racist"? I cannot think of a reason for the mentioned nationalities being an
advantage except maybe for language skills and EU employment laws that might
make things easier, but then why not Austrians? Anyway, they did not say which
color of skin these people ought to have or similar ...

Just curious
..

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA