Re: tlug: rpms

> Suffice it to say that I vehemently disagree with the dumbing-down of UNIX,
> which is your essential statement here.  If they can't deal with learning how
> things work, they shouldn't be using the bloody system.

The most wonderful thing about Linux is that it will bee the FIRST bloody
system (after Amiga of the golden years) that can be used as the user
bloodily wants to.

The dumbing-down of UNIX, is not an unreversible or unchangeable process
as we can see in other systems (like Windows, that came to 2000 edition
only to tell the user "Outlook has provoked some errors and will be
terminated"), because UNIX is a layer-made operating system.

X is a layer on top of Unix.
Gnome is a layer on top of X.
If you take away Gnome and X, you will still have a working Unix system.

That's the wonderful thing about Unix.

--
Davide Inglima, limaCAT
Unix: one of the components of a successful GNU/Emacs operating system.

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA