Re: tlug: directions...

jq@example.com wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Jun 2000, Thomas O'Dowd wrote:
>
> > the rpm discussion that people don't particularly want mr doesn'twannaknow
> > to end up using it as his desktop for various (mostly security related)
> > reasons, but is it heading that way?
>
> Have you seen Corel Linux?  Happily, it's the only one like that, at
> least now.

- - - -Snip- - - -

> Corel purports to be the Linux for the low-skill level Windows transitioner...

I tried Corel Linux. Yeah, it had a  nice install and a nice xserver
(Metro-X, I beleive) But, how can you base your distro on Debian, which
is the most flexible/configurable distro out there (IMO) and target it
for a low-skill Windows transitioner. It's an oxymoron.
--
Jack Morgan
A small fish in a piranha infested world

Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA