tlug: Dynamic IP & DNS

Hi!

This is an old thread but anyhow:
You might want to check out:
http://www.dyndns.org/
These guys provide domain name resolution for dynamic
IP-addresses. This should enable you to also run your webserver with
cable-modems or any other ISP that gives you a dynamic IP-address!

     Thomas O'Dowd (tom@example.com) wrote:

     > About the cable service, I'm wondering if you get a fixed IP
     > address and if so, are technically able to run a private web
server
     > to the greater internet from it.

     You'll have to ask your specific cable provider, since both of
     those are policy descisions set by the individual provider.

     > Anyone know when DSL or ADSL will be available for all in the
     > upcoming months?

     It's available right now in a number of Tokyo 03 prefixes and has
been
     for some time.  What's your telephone prefix?

     Jonathan Byrne <j-byrne@example.com>               Engineering
Division
     Exodus Communications K.K./Global Online Japan
http://www.gol.com/
     Tel:  +81 3-5334-1700   Fax: +81 3-5334-1702        Direct: +81
3-5334-1756

     Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
     Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA

     more info: http://www.tlug.gr.jp        Sponsor: Global Online
Japan

***  CHIP Magazine, the largest German computer publication, tests  ***
*** 10 leading Linux distributions and ranks  easyLinux the winner! ***
***     1. easyLinux 2000       2. SuSE 6.4    3. Mandrake 7.0      ***
***     http://www.chip.de/PC2D/PC2DB/PC2DBA/pc2dba.htm?id=383      ***
Next Meeting (w/ YLUG): June 16 (Fri) 19:00 Mizonoguchi Marui Family 12F
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat)  13:30 Topic: TBA