Re: tlug: rpms

On Wed, May 31, 2000 at 09:39:11AM -0700, Scott M. Stone wrote:
> unfortunately no, not without rewriting a .spec file and a bunch of other
> stuff.  By the time you did that and debugged it and all, it A) wouldn't
> be the same as the original, most likely, and B) you've just used up as
> much time as it would have taken you to redownload the official RPMs in
> the first place :)

I guess you are right. I think the go-gnome script is really cool from a
new users perspective, as in it does everything for you, but I think anyone
in TLUG will probably want to download the rpms straight and go for the
manual install. They have a CD being released soon, June 2nd for $25. So,
I guess that is the way to go, to get your initial install. For anyone who
uses Gnome currently, you should check out the screenshots of the helix
distribution. Kickin'. Also if you rely heavily on Japanese on your installation
(which I don't, some tluggers were raising some issues, so you probably want
to hit the archives first.

Cheers,

Tom.
--