tlug: rpms

tluggers,

Last night I let helixcode's go-gnome rip on one of my boxes. Considering my
current 64K connection it took a while to download, but down it came and
installed beautifully. It is a pretty cool piece of code if I may say so and
Gnome 1.2 looks really cool.

The sad part is that I would have liked to also install it on another box,
but sadly, the installer blew away the rpm's that came down as part of the
go-gnome script.

I'm wondering is there a way to rebuild the rpms from my updated machine so
that I can avoid the download on my second machine. Could probably use some
command line trickiery like

	rpm -q --list a-helix-pkg | cpio ...

and then get the files onto my other machine, but was just wondering if there
is a way to pull back into disk rpm format a loaded rpm.

Next time, I'll know better and download the packages separately...

Cheers,

Tom.
--
Thomas O'Dowd