tlug: cable modems

Dear tluggers,

I'm thinking of getting cable setup at my place so that I can cut
down a bit on my ISDN charges and experience a faster connection.
The NTT 4000 yen thing is full in my area so I have to wait until
they expand.

About the cable service, I'm wondering if you get a fixed IP
address and if so, are technically able to run a private web server
to the greater internet from it.

Anyone know when DSL or ADSL will be available for all in the
upcoming months?

Thanks,

Tom.
--