Re: tlug: Problems with glib-1.2.new

On Mon, 29 May 2000 06:01:02 Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     David> im trying to upgrade my system, but anytime i upgrade glib,
>     David> my locales get broken, and can use japanese anymore, except
>     David> for a kterm and netscape.
>
>     David> any suggestion would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
>
> Wait until Gtk gets its act together.  Also glibc.  Expect lots of
> backward incompatible changes in I18N from the various libraries over
> the next year or so.  (They don't necessarily need to be backward
> incompatible, but the past behavior of those projects suggests they
> likely will be.)
>
> If you really need the bleeding edge version of Gtk for some app, then
> probably your best bet is to static link the working glib into gjiten
> and other I18n-ized apps you use.

Thank you. I am upgrading gnome, and i did from helix. last time i could go
back and reinstall glib-1.2.6 but now i have gtk+-1.2.7 too and it wont let me
install glib.

how do i compile statically with the makefile from gjiten?

--
ICQ: 15605359 Bicho

First, they ignore you. Then they laugh at you. Then they fight you. Then you
win. Mahatma Gandhi.