tlug: Fighting with Real Player

I recently installed Real Player 7 and have so far not been able to
play anything:

Issues are:

When starting Real Player, it says it can't connect
to the sound device, another application might be using it.
I haven:t tracked down by what it is, or if real player is just nuts.
The sound card does work, anyway.

But setting that aside, clicking on any G2 audio feed
gets me a message (translated from Japanese):

unable to open /usr/lib/RealPlayer7/insertlongfilenamehere.asp.
Check the directory settings and try again.  The good part is that
I can't find where it sets this directory.  The Real Audio help site is
of no direct use; it just notes that this is an infrequent error, so no
answer is provided, but use their web form to mail tech support.

I'm probably better off trying here first.  Anybody been there/done
that?

TIA,

Jonathan

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA