Re: tlug: telnet: different question + others

On Sun, May 28, 2000 at 12:30:58PM +0900, B0Ti wrote:

> Question #3:
> I have a 108 key japanese keyboard with the M$ windows and menu buttons.
> Since the jp106 keymap that comes with most distros is not perfect,
> neither is it under X, so I made my own Xmodmap file a while ago. But it
> doesn't use the extra keys (M$ and the japanese conversion keys), so I'm
> looking for keymaps that do. Probably I'm not the only one with this
> type of keyboard, so there must be nice solutions.
> Also looking for xmodmaps for the jp macintosh keyboard (idiots tool #2,
> but let's not flame :).

The Window and Menu keys are keycodes 115 and 117, at least on my
English keyboard.

But, if you're looking to put together your own custom keyboard map,
xev is your friend. Run it from an xterm with the keyboard in
question plugged in, and start taking notes.

hope this helps,

john

--
jseebach@example.com