Re: tlug: Win-emacs Japanese input method?

> Hello,
>
> I've been studying Japanese as a hobby for two years. I run a Windows port
> of emacs on my computer. Recently, I found out that emacs has multilingual
> support. I've been able to get it to display Japanese characters (using
> the MS Gothic font that came with Internet Explorer), but I'm a bit lost
> on how to install a Japanese input method.

Erase Windows, install Linux, be happy. You do know this is the Tokyo *Linux*
Users' Group mailing list, right?

> All the webpages I've found on
> the subject pertain to installing the input method on UNIX emacs, and/or
> are written in Japanese (which I can't read very well yet).

Search harder.

This link shows up on a yahoo search of "emacs japanese windows".
  http://www.cs.washington.edu/homes/voelker/ntemacs.html#support-mule
Meadow supports IME out of the box; no tinkering necessary. And should you have
problems with Meadow, use the .emacs file in
  http://www.morito.mgmt.waseda.ac.jp/~tom/meadow/

And read the mailing list charter next time, OK?

Shimpei.

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA