tlug: Win-emacs Japanese input method?

    Philip> I run a Windows port of emacs on my computer. Recently, I
    Philip> found out that emacs has multilingual support.

You need a real GNU Emacs; no Emacsen I know of support MSIME yet, so
it has to be one with Mule.  You can't use Wnn or Canna, because they
depend on external servers which AFAIK don't run on Windows.

If you use NTEmacs, I don't know if they ported a Mule version or
not.  If they did, it either comes with Quail or you can download it
(wait, it's called LEIM in the tarball) from any GNU site.  Install
that (I don't do FSFmacs and I don't do Windows, you'll have to figure
where for yourself), and C-u C-m C-\ japanese TAB should give you a
menu of Japanese input methods.  They're not as nice as MSIME or ATOK,
but....

XEmacs on NT doesn't coexist with Mule very well yet AFAIK.  So that's
probably out, but you could try.  I know that Quail/Japanese doesn't
work on XEmacs, so you should get the SKK package (that's an
alternative to Quail for FSF Emacsen too) from
ftp.xemacs.org:/pub/packages or some place like that).

HTH ... but really, you should be running Linux.  :-)

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA