tlug: Procmail at last!

On Sun, 21 May 2000, Dennis McMurchy wrote:

> This is going nowhere fast.   Any suggestions?  I suppose I could
> sendmail.cf to use /bin/sh instead of this bloody 'smrsh', but that
> might be unwise.  I wonder.

  Well, 'procmail' does indeed work fine, and my simple ~/.procmailrc
does just what it should, once 'sendmail.cf' is altered to use /bin/sh.
And it only took three hours to get this far.  Wow!  I won't have to
commit 'harakiri' under the pomegranate tree after all.

  Surely, though, 'smrsh' can be made to work with 'procmail'. But
how?  Still would appreciate any pointers.

  Anyhow, now it's on to the fun part of making a real ~/.promailrc
file.  If anyone has a nice example they'd like to share, feel free
to email me privately with it.

  Cheers,  Dennis

Dennis McMurchy,
Sointula, B.C. / Tojinmachi, Fukuoka
Canada           Japan

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA