Re: tlug: Domain Name Registration (*.jp)

On Fri, May 19, 2000 at 04:30:06PM +0000, Darren Cook wrote:
> >.com and .org domain names are becoming increasingly popular in Japan
> >as a way to avoid the red tape.
>
> And .com for that whole ".com" image (though I think "hardtoremember.com"
> is the only one that hasn't already been claimed ;-).

On the West Coast of the US, an oversupply of kids with loadsamoney has
spawned a new catchphrase, "dotcommer".  There are neighborhoods where
people won't sell houses to dotcommers.

Disgraceful discrimination.  Like the miners.  I was a miner once.
Couldn't get a drink anywhere.

:)

[1] So I'm a greybeard in fact if not in spirit: this means people in
their late twenties.

Cheers,
----
-x80
Frank G Bennett, Jr         @@
Faculty of Law, Nagoya Univ () email: bennett@example.com
Tel: +81[(0)52]789-2239     ()

Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), 19:00   Tengu TokyoEkiMae
Next Technical Meeting: July 8 (Sat) 13:30   Topic: TBA