Re: tlug: Majordomo

Scott M. Stone (lists.tlug):
>> Read the error message carefully.  It contains the answer.
>Sarcasm, thy name is Chris.

Be fair, I bagged the last one. It's already Friday, and we're not
going to get three in a week at this rate, so:

ntpdate Doesn't Work! It keeps saying:
    You must edit /etc/init.d/ntpdate to make this work.

And that file just says:

# Instructions:
#   update the line below that calls ntpdate to include a list of IP
#   addresses of NTP servers you wish to query to learn the time to set
#   the local clock to.  Then, comment out the next two lines that contain
#   the echo and the exit.
echo You must edit /etc/init.d/ntpdate to make this work.
exit

/usr/sbin/ntpdate -b -s # Put your server IP here

I can't see what I have to do!!!

--
"Do not meddle in the affairs of cats, for they are subtle and will piss on
your computer."  --Bruce Graham