Re: tlug: Where can I buy VMware in Japan

Hi all,

Thanks for very aptly describing the situation, Stephen.
Guess I have to find a way other than the online purchase
option or pay from my pocket.

Raghavan

Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

>     jb> Venkatesh Raghavan (raghavan@example.com) wrote:
>     >> Trying to find where I can buy "VMware2.0 for Linux" in Japan
>
>     jb> We bought it directly off the VMWare web site - one boxed set
>     jb> and one additional license - and the boxed set arrived less
>     jb> than 48 hours after I placed the order.  That might be your
>     jb> best bet.
>
> Not for someone from .ac.jp---Monbusho strongly frowns on anything
> that might interfere with the -40% average educational discount on
> Akihabara price we pay when we buy through the University budget,
> especially on dollar-denominated purchases.

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.