Re: tlug: Projector for our next meeting

If anyone can teach me at the meeting how to get a Sparc 1+ to use the
serial port as a console, I'd appreciate it. Yeah, it's the beast I bought
at the last auction. In my copious spare time, I've had zero luck in getting
it to talk to the serial console or the Ethernet port, although it does seem
to be doing *something* to its hard disk. If anyone has a CD-ROM of a Sparc
distribution newer than Red Hat 5.1 that they're willing to sell to me, I'd
appreciate that as well.

I'm not planning to bring in the Sparc since it's too heavy, but I do plan to
bring in the laptop that I had been trying to use as the serial terminal.
Maybe someone can look at the serial port settings and tell me if anything is
wrong.

--
Shimpei Yamashita                   <http://www2.gol.com/users/shimpei/>
Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan