Re: tlug: Problem with 'fetchmail'?

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Scott M. Stone wrote:

> On Mon, 8 May 2000, Jonathan Q wrote:
>
> > Upgrading your fetchmail will probably fix it. 5.0.0 is pretty old.
>
> 4.7.9 has served me well.  Running 5.1.0 now, but..

Generally, yes, however, this odd problem seems to crop up involving
some Japanese mail, usually with headers that are broken in some way.
Tony Laszlo had a problem like this (the sender in that case was using
that paragon of standards compliance, Outhouse Excess) and after trying
everything we could all collectively think of, I suggested he try
upgrading to the (then) current version of Fetchmail.  For reasons
unknown, that fixed it.  Probably somebody upgraded OE to a newer, more
borked version, and that made Fetchmail have a fit.

Which is why I suggested upgrading to current in this case.  Of course,
if that doesn't work, then I'm fresh out of ideas :-)

Jonathan

Next Technical Meeting: May 13 (Sat) 13:30 Temple University Japan
* Topic: Crypto and Security	Speaker: Chris Sekiya
Next Nomikai Meeting: June 16 (Fri), Tengu TokyoEkiMae.